We will see you all in a few short hours! 6:45 checking will start. Put your instruments and bags by the trailer as you walk in. Parents, take you child’s mess into the nurse in the original containers with the labels on them!
Brass….. Because I know SOME of us just can’t sleep…..
Act quick… This is free for a little while!
Here is a list of items people tend to forget when coming to camp and then wish they hadn't! If you've got other biggies leave a comment and I'll add it to the list!
Make sure your 5th grade student has a chance to BE PART OF THE BAND!
Here is a letter from Mr. Shimmons – 5th Grade Letter 08-11-2014
Mark your calendars for September 4th at 6PM – All 5th grade Band Students must have a Parent/Adult at this meeting to get all of the information about band for the year. Many questions will be answered at this meeting – Things like…
- How do we get an instrument? (Rent one, borrow one, buy one – Herter Music Center will be at the meeting to help in this.)
- Should be buy or Rent? (Most parents rent for at least the first year. Central Michigan Music does have some used instruments for sale) Check out our guide on the Beginning Bands Page above!
- Where should I buy from? (DON’T buy any old instrument shaped object! Especially from the internet!) Check out our guide on the Beginning Bands Page above!
- How do I know my child will be successful in band? (Students are successful at music if they are willing to work hard at it! This is our motto!)
- How many concerts will they perform in? (2 – one in December and one in May)
- What are they going to wear at the concerts? (Black bottoms and white tops)
- How often do they have class? (Every day)
- Is Band a graded class? (Yes, students receive a grade in band just like any other class!)
- MOST IMPORTANT – Why should I make sure to enroll my student in band anyways?
Watch this video…. It explains the facts about how our brain is fully engaged while making music..